FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 18, 2009
Contact: Christina Stephens, firstname.lastname@example.org
WEDNESDAY: Louisiana Recovery Authority Board of Directors Meet in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE - The board of directors of the Louisiana Recovery Authority will meet Wednesday, with a vote scheduled on approving a plan for the second allocation of $620 million in Community Development Block Grant funds announced this summer for recovery from hurricanes Gustav and Ike and briefings planned on the status of hurricane recovery and an upcoming Chinese drywall program.
As required by the federal government, the LRA and the Office of Community Development's Disaster Recovery Unit developed Action Plan Amendment No. 2 to outline eligible program activities for the funds. Louisiana's Gustav/Ike recovery plan sets aside most of this CDBG funding for parish-run programs designed to meet unmet housing, business, public service, public infrastructure and other needs incurred by the 2008 storms.
Also on the agenda is a vote on a resolution to approve Lafourche Parish's Road Home Property Disposition Plan.
The following are slated to speak at the meeting:
- State Department of Health and Hospitals Secretary Alan Levine will provide the board with an update on the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage, which he briefed them on during the June meeting;
- Dan Packer, chairman of the New Orleans Aviation Board, and Interim Director of Aviation for the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport Patricia Malone will discuss the status of the airport's recovery; and
- Dr. Gordon H. Mueller, president and CEO, Phil Satre, chairman of the board, and Gov. Pete Wilson, immediate past chairman, will present on the National World War II Museum.
WHAT: LRA Board Meeting
WHEN: August 19, 2009, at 9 a.m.
WHERE: House Committee Room 1 at the State Capitol in Baton Rouge
Meeting agendas are posted on the LRA Web site as soon as they are available. All meetings are open to the public.
Created in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita in 2005, the Louisiana Recovery Authority (LRA) is the coordinating and planning body leading the most extensive rebuilding effort in American history. The central point for hurricane recovery in Louisiana, the LRA works closely with the Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP) and partners with state and federal agencies to oversee more than $20 billion worth of programs, speed the pace of rebuilding, remove hurdles and red tape and ensure that Louisiana recovers safer and stronger than before.
- LRA Board Meeting 8-19-09 Agenda (39.9 KB)
- Minutes from 6-17-09 LRA Board Meeting (53.3 KB)
- LRA Executive Director's Report 8-19-09 (2.634 MB)
- Resolution to approve APA2 for Second Allocation of Gustav and Ike funds (11.2 KB)
- Action Plan Amendment 2 for Second Allocation of Gustav and Ike CDBG funding (58.6 KB)
- Resolution to approve Lafourche Parish Road Home Property Disposition Plan (61.1 KB)
- Lafourche Parish LLT Disposition Plan (102.3 KB)
- Attachment A to Lafourche Parish's LLT Disposition Plan (26.7 KB)